World CLC holds a General Assembly every 5 years. The Assembly is the governing body of World CLC and is made up of the Executive Council and the three-person delegations of each National Community.
The purpose of the Assembly is to join the world and national representatives in prayerful collaboration as a World body to discern the orientation and priorities of CLC globally for the next 5 years. In addition, administrative and financial matters are discussed, resolved, and confirmed. Some key business matters covered include:
- Approval of the activity reports and accounts of the period since the previous assembly.
- Setting the policies and orientations for the period up to the next General Assembly.
- Deciding the financial policies to be followed.
- Deciding on proposed amendments to the General Principles and General Norms.
- Confirming the establishment of new national communities.
Recent World Assemblies were held as follows:
- 2013 – Lebanon: 16th General Assembly in Beirut: From Our Roots to the Frontiers. "This is my son, The Beloved, listen to what He says" (Mk 9:7)
- 2008 – Portugal: 15th General Assembly in Fatima: Journeying as an Apostolic Body: our Response to This Grace from God. “The apostles gathered around Jesus and told him what they had done and taught” (Mk 6, 30-34)
- 2003 – Kenya: 14th General Assembly in Nairobi: Sent by Christ, Members of One Body
- 1998 – Brazil: 13th General Assembly in Itaici: Deepening Our Identity as an Apostolic Community - Clarifying Our Common Mission. "CLC, a Letter from Christ, Written by the Spirit, Sent to Today's World"
- 1994 - Hong Kong: 12th General Assembly: CLC Community in Mission "I have come to bring fire to the earth, and how I wish it were blazing already!"